A small plastic bucket will be helpful in keeping up with her shower items, shampoo, soap, etc..
For your child's safety, riding boots or hard-soled shoes with a definite heel ARE REQUIRED to prevent the foot from sliding too deeply into the stirrup and becoming dangerously wedged. Thank you for not putting us in the position of having to refuse your child the pleasure of riding because of lack of proper foot attire.
Arts & Crafts (if you plan to take A&C):
Bring a White T-shirt (100% cotton) for Tie Dyeing. It’s ok to bring more than one if you want. A Riverview logo shirt works well for this too and are available for purchase in Chiki Boutiki.
All white Sundays - white camp t-shirt are fine with white shorts. (not for opening day)
Fun Things to Plan For
We have lots of fun things to do each day…that are above and beyond activities!
- Mismatch Mondays - a fun day to mismatch your clothes or shoes or socks...do not be alarmed at what the camp photos look like on this day!
- Tie-Dye Tuesday - wear something Tie Dye! We have adorable camp Tie-Dye t-shirts in Chiki Boutiki that are perfect for this.
- Hair Attire Wednesday - Wear something fun in your hear on this day! Mrs. Susan always wears a big flower!
- Favorite Color Thursday - this will already be packed in your trunk…some campers will wear tribe colors this day!
- Friendship Braids Friday - the perfect day to wear braids in your hear or a braided bracelet is fun too!
- Super Hero Saturday – you can even dress like a counselor hero on this day!
Flag Raising Ceremony
Navy shorts and a white shirts (camp t-shirts are fine) are required. Every cabin group will be assigned a da to be in charge of the ceremony.
Special Events by Session
Bring appropriate fun items OR buy them in Chiki Boutiki.
- Session M: Beach Party Blow-out!
- Session 1: Mardi-Gras! – purple, gold and green
- Session 2: Riverview Olympics, and July 4th Celebration! -- red white and blue
- Session 3: Christmas in July! – red and green
- A small gift for your “Secret Santa buddy”
- Session 4: Miss Riverview Pageant!
- fun costume will be useful
Out of Camp Trips
Navy shorts and a white camp t-shirt are required.
Nantahala or Ocoee Trips
Water shoes that will not come off easily!
Please discuss with the director to determine appropriateness and safe storage of musical instruments, sports equipment, etc. BEFORE bringing them to camp.
- Are always fun to use at camp!